Search This Blog

1 Month Hiatus from YouTube

 I had a hiatus from my YouTube channel for a whole month just so I could take a break from staring at a screen on my computer for 6 hours creating and editing content. It takes quite a bit of time and effort to produce a video that's watchable from start to finish. What if admitted to rushing a video? It has to happen all the time to many content creators out there, so here's my long line of text about it.

I rushed the Halloween video because I just didn't feel like making it. It felt so weird making that video because there was barely an idea in mind. Was I going to corrupt iCarly? What about corrupting a new game? Should I corrupt an already existing game? 

I decided to combine all of these thoughts because iCarly kept crashing during recording. Seems like that game literally cannot handle corruption. So I decided to corrupt a couple more games like Jenga World Tour and Wii Sports, all of which were fun to do, but I wanted to keep the video short. Unfortunately, I lost track of time which resulted in a clip that was an hour long. Usually, clips that long take 3 hours to edit, usually because I'm a slow editor.

Keep in mind that this is the 31st, which is the day Halloween occurs. I decided to rush through the editing, but I was already too late. It's midnight and it's a school night. I was very tired after all of that editing, and I fell asleep almost immediately. I took it easy on the second editing day and got it finished. That explains why that video was released a day late.

Creating deadlines just makes video editing stressful, promising videos to your subscribers without publishing anything is not cool, and I'd admit; I did that a couple of times, which just makes me feel like an ass. The first time I did that was even on a summer month, which is where I had a lot of time to create and publish content. I really need to prioritize videos more often, because my channel would die without any new uploads.

Thanks for reading. If you're a subscriber to my channel, expect some content to be published in the near future!